The Eastside Democrats is a federation of regional Democratic Party organizations that support the partybuilding efforts of four crucial Democratic legislative district organizations (LDOs) located to the east of the isthmus of Seattle in King County, Washington. We work collaboratively to elect Democratic candidates to the Washington State Legislature and advance Democratic causes in our communities. We also work with the King County Democrats to ensure our great county has strong Democratic leadership at the local level.
Each year, the Eastside Democrats host a banquet bringing together Democratic activists, elected leaders, and party officials to raise money to support the work of our four district organizations. Due to health and safety concerns, this event, the Eastside Democratic Dinner, will not be held. You can help replace these lost funds to Get Out The Vote for important Washington State races. See the Eastside Democrats Fundraiser Page
Represented legislative districts
The four districts represented by the Eastside Democrats are:
- The 5th Legislative District, which ranges from Carnation in the north to the unincorporated community of Krain in the south, also taking in Fall City, Snoqualmie, North Bend, and Maple Valley;
- The 41st Legislative District, which includes Mercer Island, the southern half of Bellevue, Newcastle, part of Issaquah, and some neighborhoods in Renton;
- The 45th Legislative District, which incorporates much of Kirkland, northern Redmond, northern Sammamish, Woodinville, and Duvall;
- The 48th Legislative District, which consists of the rest of Kirkland and Redmond, northern Bellevue, and the Points communities.
- Mary Williams, Chair of the 5th District Democrats
- Karol Brown, Chair of the 41st District Democrats
- Linda Jenkins, Chair of the 45th District Democrats
- Lisa Weber, Chair of the 48th District Democrats
The Chairs are assisted by Janice Bristol, who serves as Treasurer for the Eastside Democratic Dinner Committee.